Maybe i'm trippin, but this is exactly how dudes walking around now. Head full of color!
To each his own, but you looking digital by the head. People come to the barber with a picture of a haircut that they want, but most of the pix are of haircuts with color added.. in spots where no hair is.
Add Instagram filters and you don't really need barber skills. #Barberlife is becoming all smoke and mirrors. | #ClipperBeast
This barber posed two great questions during last weeks barber battle in Houston..."How much hair are we digesting as hair pros?" | "Name something you can drink to aid in passing of the hair particles through your digestive system?" |
1. Brush/comb hair while dry to release dirt, dry scalp, oils, and dandruff from scalp.
2. While hair is still dry, place a quarter size amount of shampoo in hand and work it into hair/scalp.
The cleaning agent in shampoo is called a Surfactant.
Surfactant molecules have a Hydrophilic (head) end, which is attracted to water, and a Hydrophobic (tail) end, which is repelled by water but is attracted to oils.
The surfactant helps separate the oil molecules so they are no longer attracted to each other. The surfactant also acts as a bridge between the oils and the water molecules so that the dirty sebum can be washed away with the water.
3. Wet your hands, then proceed to rub the water from your hands into your hair/scalp. This will probably not produce any lather but the process of cleansing your hair/scalp has begun. Now rinse this first shampoo out.
4. Place a nickel size amount of shampoo in hand and work into hair/scalp. Now rinse this shampoo out.
5. Place a dime size amount of shampoo into hand and work into hair/scalp. now rinse this shampoo out.
As the hair is cleansed you gradually need less and less shampoo to work up a good lather. Be sure to rinse your hair well.
6. Pour a quarter size of conditioner in your hand and work into hair/scalp. Leave it in while you shower, or for at least five minutes. Rinse out with cool to lukewarm water.
-Andrew L Davis III